Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sieg C2 Mini Lathe CNC Conversion
I have had this mini lathe for a while now and finally got going on the conversion.

So to start with I cut the spindle encoder wheel on the cnc mill, then made the optical sensor, still need to make another 2 sensors and then do the electronics behind that, that will plug into my cnc controller and a few changes to LinuxCNC. I got my ballscrews from Hobbytronics (http://www.hobbytronics.co.za/c/809/ball-screw) very good pricing and I they arrived quickly.

Image of Encoder attached.

I would suggest that you guys enable image pasting into this forum, http links suck.

A small metal lathe is something I been wanting for a long time, sadly all my requests for funding get rejected at the "home ministry"... but I'm always hopeful.

Let me get this right, You want to convert your lathe to be "automated" i.e. automatically perform cuts and moves etc. This should really help with accuracy and repeat-ability? I look forward to the progress.

Image Pasting? The forum allows for images to be added under the "attachments" tab from which you can then insert inline using the button next to the attached image. I have updated your post accordingly.

Is there something more specific required?
(2016-09-13, 02:18 PM)admin Wrote: A small metal lathe is something I been wanting for a long time, sadly all my requests for funding get rejected at the "home ministry"... but I'm always hopeful.

Let me get this right, You want to convert your lathe to be "automated" i.e. automatically perform cuts and moves etc. This should really help with accuracy and repeat-ability? I look forward to the progress.

Image Pasting? The forum allows for images to be added under the "attachments" tab from which you can then insert inline using the button next to the attached image. I have updated your post accordingly.

Is there something more specific required?

Luckily I bought the lathe before the Rand went to the dogs, did the cnc milling machine ages ago and will be doing the waterproof enclosure so I can run mist coolant.

Will give the inline insert a try, did not see the option.